Friday 16 October 2015

UKCAT and UCAS

So I took the UKCAT, I predicted a score of 650 band 1 or 2. I was wrong...I got 697.5 and Band 2. I'm really happy with it even though it meant I couldn't apply for GEM courses it did mean I could apply to 5 year courses. I got 710 on the year the UKCAT was inflated. I was in the 9th centile this time so I can't complain! 

The exam was horrible, absolutely awful, in fact the least stressful section was QR (I HATE maths so this should tell you something). I had predicted I would score from highest to lowest:
1. DA
2. VR
3. AR
4. QR

It ended up being:
1. DA
2. QR (I know!!!!!)
3. AR
4. VR

I have no idea what went wrong with the VR I felt it was ambiguous, but I've never had a problem with that before at all so its a bit of a shame as had that been a little higher I would have made the 700 mark for Warwick. I literally managed to finish just in time on each of the sections apart from DA and SJT where I had time to spare. But hey, its done now! 

I submitted my UCAS and right up until I pressed send I still wasn't sure where I was going to apply as I really liked 7 courses! But I finally managed to make my decisions! Like I said all 5 year courses, and I'm not going to reveal where as I would like to stay anon for as long as possible! 

But yes, so now we wait....and I get working on Chem A level and GAMSAT in case I don't get any offers this time around!!! 

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this! You're all amazing....now for the next 6 months if you could all keep your fingers permanently crossed for me that would be perfect! 

5 comments:

  1. Where did you apply?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not revealing sorry I want to stay anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough :P I'm want to stay fairly anonymous too, but I'd be really interested to know which other grads are applying for the Durham 5 year course as well, could you stretch to that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't apply to Durham. Good luck with your application.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really very difficult to focus on study but if you have high aims then it is mandatory to be punctual and study with concentration. Practicing of the questions to solve them in timely manner is definitely going to help you. I too practiced the MBE Practice Questions on daily basis for my exam and was able to get really good score.

    ReplyDelete